Tips, plans, activities, info and worksheet/handouts posted from blog feeds oriented towards ESL teachers, including resources for teaching in any classroom. Note: some feeds have discontinued, I am searching new sources to update.
- Simple, Complex vs. Compoundby grammarian on May 9, 2021 at 9:40 am
State whether the following sentences are simple, complex or compound. Answers That was a sight to behold. (Simple sentence) I have invited all of my… Continue reading
- Active And Passive Voice Exerciseby grammarian on May 9, 2021 at 6:41 am
Fill in the blanks with an active or passive verb form. Answers The message has been delivered. The messenger has delivered the message. They sent… Continue reading
- Conjunctions And Relative Pronouns Exerciseby grammarian on May 8, 2021 at 11:10 am
Fill in the blanks. Answers While standing at the gate, I saw something strange. I know a shop where they sell old watches. This is… Continue reading
- Tenses Exerciseby grammarian on May 8, 2021 at 9:44 am
Fill in the blanks. Answers He raised his hand. Don’t blow it up too much. You will burst the balloon. He called in the morning.… Continue reading
- Gap Filling Grammar Exerciseby grammarian on May 8, 2021 at 4:33 am
Fill in the blanks. Answers 1. What you said is unpardonable. 2. They spoke in a low voice lest they should wake up the baby.… Continue reading
- Vocabularyon May 7, 2021 at 2:22 pm
New Entry: 'Vocabulary' has just been added to the English Grammar area of UsingEnglish.com.
- Ordinal Numbers- Trivia Quizon May 6, 2021 at 3:36 pm
New Entry: 'Ordinal Numbers- Trivia Quiz' has just been added to the Lesson Plans area of UsingEnglish.com.
- Grammar And Vocabulary Exerciseby grammarian on May 5, 2021 at 5:17 pm
Fill in the blanks. Answers The travellers rested under a clump of trees. While taking a stroll in my garden, I was attacked by a… Continue reading
- Sentence Completion Exerciseby grammarian on May 4, 2021 at 4:59 pm
Fill in the blanks. Answers 1. If I hadn’t dropped out of college, I could have found a better job. 2. He took off his… Continue reading
- Gap Filling Exerciseby grammarian on May 1, 2021 at 5:12 pm
Fill in the blanks. Answers Take your shoes off. She looks younger than her elder sister. How did you react then? Don’t forget to close… Continue reading