Adjectives are words that describe people or things (nouns).
An adjective modifies a noun or pronoun. In this case, “modifies” means “tells more about.” Adjectives are words that describe things.
- I planted orange flowers in the round pot.
- The tiny rabbit nibbled the little carrots.
- A busy person is a hard worker.
- I had big dinner with an important person.
Adjectives can answer the question “What kind?”
- orange flowers, round pot
- tiny rabbit, little carrots
- busy person, hard worker
- big dinner, important person
|Question||the adj and noun|
|What kind of flowers?||orange flowers|
|What kind of pot?||a round pot|
|What kind of rabbit?||a tiny rabbit|
|What kind of person?||a busy person|
|What kind of worker?||a hard worker|
|What king of dinner?||a big dinner|
|What kind of person?||an important person|