“At The Moulin Rouge” Toulous Lautrec, 1895
1. hungry a few minutes ago, but hungry now.
2. Yesterday, the weather terrible, but today nice.
3. any dishes in the sink an hour ago, but there a lot of
dishes in the sink now.
4. Last week, our children at their grandparents’ house, and my husband and I on vacation.
5. Before I painted my room, ugly. Now, beautiful.
6. Jack a mechanic, so every day after work, his clothes dirty.
7. energetic this morning, but now tired.
8a. When our kids young, always noisy.
8b. Now, so noisy.
9a. When young, coffee cheap.
9b. Now, expensive.
10a. Before Steve married Silvia, lonely.
10b. Now, happy.
11a. on Main Street last night?
11b. No, . home with my wife.
12. Two years ago, my dress new and colorful. Now, old and faded.
13. I in school last night because I sick.
14a. Robert in town last week. He in Los Angeles.
14b. back in town now.
15. The movie tickets $5.00 a year ago. Now, $7.00.
16a. On our first date, shy and embarrassed.
16b. shy or embarrassed anymore. very comfortable with you.
17a. How old your child when he began to walk?
17b. only 2 years old. Now, ten years old, and boy, can he run!
18a. Why Albert and Maria upset?
18b. upset because nobody invited them to the party.
19. They upset now because I just called them and invited them.
20a. Julie beautiful when she young.
20b. Now, she older, but still very beautiful.