Today was bright, sunny and with cold winds blowing. There was only G today.
G loves to read, so we indulged. She read 2 articles from Voice of America | Learning English that I posted.
- http://toni-esl.com/eslforum/salt-is-more-than-a-four-letter-word-2/. About the word “salt”, its use in idioms and significance in: our bodies, world history, religions and cultures. I learned a lot too, good read.
- http://toni-esl.com/eslforum/western-diet-bad-for-human-health-environment/. About the impact of the western diet on people, populations, and the environment.
Next class we will review her writing. Then she will put it online in the forum section – on Our ESL Forum.
I will create quizzes from the articles – for comprehension.
I post articles, issues and photos to generate topics. I would like to bring English literacy more into focus in my classroom, regularly – with portability, structure, and a place for organizing it. That means website. It would be great if we could engage in briefly written, online, debate on a topic. By that time they will likely be ready to level up to ESL3. Maybe?
With a website ready, I can be more consistent and organized to:
- Present material – online and make prints.
- Create quizzes, though there is a seperate site for that already: Practice Your English! http://toni-esl.com/quiz/
- Track presentations – what did I already give them?
- Track writing assignments and progress – they will write final versions online.
- Give students access to class material, and they can explore for more. Even outside of class. Once they’ve finished online, they immediately start searching for more. Excellent!
- Get in more computer, writing, and keyboard skills.
Filed under: Uncategorized