It is grey and chilly today. Full class – Y and G. I will not have time for all of this! Index cards. Print/Copy story. Add links to this post.
Chat of course, use Grammar exercises.
Simple Present and weather words.
- Tell us about the weather today.
- Example: Today it is/the weather is cold and gray.
Simple Past and sequence using first, then, after that. Or ordinal numbers?
- Something they did
- Topics – at work , class Monday or cooked
- Ss give a time and context, when where then…On Monday in class, last week at workwe did “Today” i.e. this morning…Today, I got up at 6:30 am. Then, I took a shower. After that, I got dressed.
- 3 steps only
We did “Today” i.e. this morning…Today, I got up at 6:30 am. Then, I took a shower. After that, I got dressed.
Simple Future/maybe Continuous? – ask Ss to tell us basic/simple something they will do.
- Simple review – add Will to verb, maybe – add Will Be for Continuous
- When? Next week, tomorrow, etc.
- Give example using time words above
- Ss do
Next week, I will go to class. G
Next week, I will get a manicure and pedicure. Y!
Dictation of questions: What are you doing? (And I forgot the others)
- Passage: Visit the Park
- Ss i.d. Unknown words and write them down.
- Identify words – vocab Get the words from Y next class!
- Read aloud – Ss
- Review passage for comprehension.
- I.d. tense of story and what indicates the tense? Ask for Present Tense of verb they picked to indicate Past Tense.
- Summary – retell story: title, what story is about.
Start here next class:
- Write words on cards
- Ss retell story using cards – title, what story is about, retell.
Next Class: Go to my quiz site Practice Your English: quiz on Visit the Park for comprehension.
Do verbs: teach, get, take
- What are you doing? Past and future.
- How did you do that?
- What does that mean?
- Why did you do that?
- Where are you going? Past and future