- Present the vocab list on the board.
- Ss will write the words in their notebooks.
Review verbally for comprehension
- Ask which words are unfamiliar
- Ask Ss to explain/define or translate familiar words
- Ss write vocab on index cards – English one side, translate if needed.
- Spread cards out on desk
- As I read the story aloud, Ss place cards in order they appear in story. We do this together, I check off each word on the board as we go.
Vocabulary List for A One-Mile Race
A One-Mile Race
There is a race today. He puts on his shorts. He puts on his sneakers. He goes to the track. It is a one-mile race. Other boys show up at the starting line. The race starts. All the boys run fast. They run around the track four times. The race ends. He comes in third place.
Do the exercises below:
- Cloze – fill in the words
- Crossword – a puzzle, use the vocabulary words
- Sentences – make a correct sentence
- Dictation – listen and write what you hear
Comprehension: Quiz on my site
- G finished all, except Comprehension Quiz – will do it at home.
- Y had to leave at 2 – working on Crossword
- Ss retell story using index cards
- Finish lab – (and something new for G)