The verb to have is used in a number of different ways in English. Here are the main uses of the verb to have for reference, self-study and in-class use. To Have – Main Verb […]
Verbs can be combined in English in a number of ways. Here is a look at the most important verb combinations in English with links to resources for further practice and […]
From ESL About.com Learning to write personal descriptions is important to provide information about yourself or others. This guide to writing personal descriptions is perfect for beginners, or beginning level […]
ESL Discussions.com 13,520 English Conversation Questions * 676 discussion topic handouts – That’s a lot of discussion! * Everyday themes and more controversial issues. * Ready-to-print Word and PDF downloads. […]
It is grey and chilly today. Full class – Y and G. I will not have time for all of this! Index cards. Print/Copy story. Add links to this post.
Chat of course, use Grammar exercises.
- Tell us about the weather today.
- Example: Today it is/the weather is cold and gray.
- Something they did
- Topics – at work , class Monday or cooked
- Ss give a time and context, when where then…On Monday in class, last week at workwe did “Today” i.e. this morning…Today, I got up at 6:30 am. Then, I took a shower. After that, I got dressed.
- 3 steps only
- Simple review – add Will to verb, maybe – add Will Be for Continuous
- When? Next week, tomorrow, etc.
- Give example using time words above
- Ss do
- Passage: Visit the Park
- Ss i.d. Unknown words and write them down.
- Identify words – vocab Get the words from Y next class!
- Read aloud – Ss
- Review passage for comprehension.
- I.d. tense of story and what indicates the tense? Ask for Present Tense of verb they picked to indicate Past Tense.
- Summary – retell story: title, what story is about.
- Write words on cards
- Ss retell story using cards – title, what story is about, retell.
Do verbs: teach, get, take
- What are you doing? Past and future.
- How did you do that?
- What does that mean?
- Why did you do that?
- Where are you going? Past and future
Irregular Verbs List Here’s an alphabetical irregular verbs list for ESL and EFL teachers and English Language Learners. Taken from: From Irregular Verbs List to Teaching ESL to Adults home […]
Verb Tense List for ESL Teachers Twelve Tenses to Teach English Language Learners Taken from From Verb Tense List to Teaching ESL to Adults Home The verb tense list below […]