By Daily Grammar Instructions: Find the noun clauses in the following sentences and tell how they are used. (Subject, predicate nominative, direct object, appositive, indirect object, or object of the […]
By Daily Grammar A noun clause is a dependent clause that can be used in the same way as a noun or pronoun. It can be a subject, predicate nominative, […]
From ESL About.com Learning to write personal descriptions is important to provide information about yourself or others. This guide to writing personal descriptions is perfect for beginners, or beginning level […]
It is grey and chilly today. Full class – Y and G. I will not have time for all of this! Index cards. Print/Copy story. Add links to this post.
Chat of course, use Grammar exercises.
- Tell us about the weather today.
- Example: Today it is/the weather is cold and gray.
- Something they did
- Topics – at work , class Monday or cooked
- Ss give a time and context, when where then…On Monday in class, last week at workwe did “Today” i.e. this morning…Today, I got up at 6:30 am. Then, I took a shower. After that, I got dressed.
- 3 steps only
- Simple review – add Will to verb, maybe – add Will Be for Continuous
- When? Next week, tomorrow, etc.
- Give example using time words above
- Ss do
- Passage: Visit the Park
- Ss i.d. Unknown words and write them down.
- Identify words – vocab Get the words from Y next class!
- Read aloud – Ss
- Review passage for comprehension.
- I.d. tense of story and what indicates the tense? Ask for Present Tense of verb they picked to indicate Past Tense.
- Summary – retell story: title, what story is about.
- Write words on cards
- Ss retell story using cards – title, what story is about, retell.
Do verbs: teach, get, take
- What are you doing? Past and future.
- How did you do that?
- What does that mean?
- Why did you do that?
- Where are you going? Past and future