A wet day today. It rains on and off, sometimes it rains and stops. It is warm, not cold like you would expect in November. I want cold weather to come and stay. I do not like warm days in the late autumn or winter. Reading Our story is from: People and Places. We started […]
Monday. Today is cloudy, warm and breezy. It is overcast too. The sun peeks through the clouds sometimes. When the sun comes out it gets hot. Conversation about the past weekend. Grammar We talked about sleeping habits and used that for grammar work. Positive simple present and negative, positive simple past and negative. Written. See […]
Beautiful, kind of hot, day. Clear blue sky with slight, occasional, breezes. Grammar To Have Simple present Negative Question Home work assigned to do exercises and vocabulary from ***** book. 3 chapters. History The students prepared information about the symbolism of their nation's flag. I pulled up an image of the flag while each […]
We started off in an unplanned direction. I found out the yesterday was Mexico Indepence Day. So I had the students look up info online about their country’s independence day dates. History and reference practice. When is independence day? What is the year of indepence? Was there a war? Who fought in the war? From […]
Last week we went out to celebrate J’s birthday. It was blazing hot, just like today. Quote Follow your bliss and the universe will open doors where three were walls. – Joseph Campbell We discussed what bliss is – “the highest happiness” We discussed what the quotes means. I did ask and lead, but I […]
Reading Introduce students to Voice of America “Listen and Read Along News” http://toni-esl.com/read/easier-global-news/voa-read-along-news/ Grammar Future: will vs. will be 1). Review: Base form of verb = not conjugated Action verbs Nouns Adjectives 2). [ Future with “will” and “will be” | Quiz | Practice Your English http://toni-esl.com/quiz/future-with-will-and-will-be/ From my post: “Future […]
Today there were 2 of us in class. One student, S, was taking the placement exam. Y and I reviewed last week’s work with possessive pronouns and determiners. Wen went through several verbal exercises together. See last week’s post. I created online exercises for this as well. Post link here. FORGOT PLURAL POSSESSIVE – s’ […]
Today was bright, sunny, and a bit hot. It was not bad for June in Texas. We talked for a moment about the weather. I asked them to describe it and say whether or not they liked it. Grammar Pronouns take the place of nouns in different ways. Pronouns are used instead of some nouns […]
Finally! A bright sunny day in Texas.
- means to possess
- this is used with nouns.
- to have something. There must be a thing.
- Examples: I have 3 children. I don’t have children. He has a new car.
To have to
- means must do, obligated
- this is used with verbs.
- to do something. There must be another verb.
- Examples: I have to work. I don’t have to work. They have to go.
- means something that you think is good, it makes you happy.
- must be used with a noun.
- to like something
- Examples: I like ice cream. I don’t like ice cream.
To like to
- means something you like to do
- must be used with another verb
- to like to do something
- Examples: I like to read. I don’t like to read.
“Very Hot Weather in India”
- Read and listen to the news story
- Take the quiz
Story and video from News in Levels
- One answer is incorrect
- Need Retake button
Filed under: Uncategorized
We still have rain once a day. Today it has become a little hot and humid. It is nice to see the sun.
We reviewed Regular and Irregular Verbs.
- Regular Verbs – add -ed for the past tense
- Irregular Verbs – do not add -ed for the past tense
- We went through examples of each.
- We created charts for each in the notebook
- We used columns for present, past, and future.
- Watch the news in Spanish for 30 minutes.
- Watch the news in English.
- Watch both on the same day.
- Watch both around the same time.
- Watch local news too.
Filed under: Uncategorized