Today we had a small class. At first it was G and I. Then S joined us a little later.
We continued with Present Continuous/Progressive:
(bold texts are links)
- Very quick review of forming Continuous: to be & -ing verb. Past, present, and future.
- A simple quiz and several games on the computer.
- One game combined Present Simple and Present Continuous – the student had to decide if it is Simple or Continuous, and then pick the correct verb form. Snakes and Ladders.
- From my (burgeoning) Practice Your Engish! site, I had them read The Wind and The Sun, an Aesop’s fable.
- There are questions to answer after the reading passage. http://toni-esl.com/quiz/2014/12/01/the-wind-and-the-sun-a-quiz/
Note: place a Try Again button after the questions on The Wind and The Sun
Send link to story w/quiz to L and S via email