Grammar Parts of the sentence, Subject/Verb (Stolen lesson via Daily Grammar Lessons) A simple sentence is a group of words expressing a complete thought, and it must have a subject […]
Definition All words are divided into grammar groups. The grammar groups are called parts of speech. The groups are: Nouns (people, places, or things) Verbs (the state or action word […]
Pietro Perugino – An early Italian Renaissance painter who developed some of the qualities that found classic expression in the High Renaissance. Raphael was his most famous pupil. This painting […]
The eight parts of speech are verbs, nouns, pronouns, adjectives, adverbs, prepositions, conjunctions, and interjections. From: http://dailygrammarlessons.blogspot.com/2015/01/lesson-88-parts-of-speech-review.html Verbs show action or state of being. Nouns are the names of persons, […]
Today we were 3. G and Y. The troopers! We went too slowly today. Chatted Y about Honduras: it’s 99-100° and humid, it rains every day 2:00-3:30. And about her […]
Today was bright, sunny and with cold winds blowing. There was only G today.
G loves to read, so we indulged. She read 2 articles from Voice of America | Learning English that I posted.
- http://toni-esl.com/eslforum/salt-is-more-than-a-four-letter-word-2/. About the word “salt”, its use in idioms and significance in: our bodies, world history, religions and cultures. I learned a lot too, good read.
- http://toni-esl.com/eslforum/western-diet-bad-for-human-health-environment/. About the impact of the western diet on people, populations, and the environment.
Next class we will review her writing. Then she will put it online in the forum section – on Our ESL Forum.
I will create quizzes from the articles – for comprehension.
I post articles, issues and photos to generate topics. I would like to bring English literacy more into focus in my classroom, regularly – with portability, structure, and a place for organizing it. That means website. It would be great if we could engage in briefly written, online, debate on a topic. By that time they will likely be ready to level up to ESL3. Maybe?
With a website ready, I can be more consistent and organized to:
- Present material – online and make prints.
- Create quizzes, though there is a seperate site for that already: Practice Your English! http://toni-esl.com/quiz/
- Track presentations – what did I already give them?
- Track writing assignments and progress – they will write final versions online.
- Give students access to class material, and they can explore for more. Even outside of class. Once they’ve finished online, they immediately start searching for more. Excellent!
- Get in more computer, writing, and keyboard skills.
Filed under: Uncategorized
Prisoners Work to Protect the Planet | Voice of America – Learning English Inmate Toby Erhart sows Harsh Indian Paintbrush seeds in the Stafford Creek Corrections Center conservation nursery. (Tom […]
Look at the photo. Read about the photo. What is she doing? Why is she doing this? Write about it here. An actress splashes red paint on herself during […]