Today we had G and B. We started with chatting.
- 2 worksheets – with answer explained in English.
- B did the Present Continuous games and started The Wind and The Sun – Aesop’s fable with questions.
- G repeated The Wind and The Sun quiz. She started The Princess and The Pea.
- I printed out The Princess and The Pea, with quiz – so they can work at home.
- The Princess and The Pea with quiz – Computer Lab
- Work on using Present Simple vs Continous – verbally
- Possible quiz on Present Simple vs Continuous. Structure of questions?
Structure of questions for Present Simple and Continuous quiz, possibles…multi-choice…notes okay.
- Present a scenario – choose which to use to relay the info.
- Your friend calls. You cannot talk. Verb: cook
- What do you do? Answer should be your occupation, not activity.
- What are you doing? Answer should be Continuous, activity right now.
- Why can’t she go out? Verb: sleep
- When do you usually go to class? Key word: usually = in general = Simple Present.
Need to practice differentiating between Present Simple and Continuous.
- When to use each.
- Use in conversation.
Explore E’s idea to have students listen to each other, take notes and answer give the info or answer questions…
Modify: w Post Office?
- Tell one student a funny/silly story.
- Sequence of actions – variety of verbs, with adjectives /adverbs for details.
- One student tells the same story to another student, and so on.
- The last student tells the class.
- Verb tense
- Numbers of each noun – singular or plural
- Descriptive details – like color, size, quickly, happily
-Possibly add notetaking?
- Storyteller cannot help the listener write.
- No interpretation/translation.
Filed under: Uncategorized
Source:: ESL Class Notes